Monday, November 2, 2009

Project 2 - Singular Image




For this assignment, I experienced some technical difficulties early on, which included my hard drive crashing and losing the first 100 and something shots I took. However, despite the frustrating loss, I believe I actually gained a lot from going out for two other shoots and rethinking my project process.
I was very set on doing an HDR image of somewhere in Eugene that means a lot to me at first. After shooting at a few locations, I decided that the river/Autzen footbridge was somewhere that I have frequented over the past 3 years, and it has delivered me to and brought me back from many exciting football games. I actually live right near the river now, which is really nice because it's one of my favorite places to hang out.
After getting menial results with my HDR setup, I explored the possibility of doing a panoramic image. I used my fisheye lens for most of my shots in this project, which allowed me to capture as much as I could in the frame. I really enjoyed how the footbridge looked through the viewfinder, so I started thinking about the extremes of what I could do with the shot. Seeing as how I couldn't fit the whole bridge in a single shot even with the fisheye, I starting taking photos to set up a photomerge panoramic image. As soon as I starting working in Photoshop with the images, I knew that I had found my source images.
I really think that this panoramic captures the feeling of crossing over the river and the length of the bridge. I was impressed with Photoshop's ability to merge the photographs, even though it took a while to find the most successful merging option. After some retouching of the curves and color balance, along with some helpful clone stamping, I was done!













No comments:

Post a Comment